You didn't actually think I'd bake them from scratch, did you? Why mess with what others have already perfected? The Cake Mix Doctor is a genius and all my cakes come from Anne Byrn's cookbooks.
Fresh Strawberry Cupcakes
1 package white or yellow cake mix1 small box strawberry gelatin1 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries with a pinch of cinnamon mixed in (something about it preserving the strawberry flavor)3/4 cup milk3/4 cup oil4 eggs
1. Preheat oven to 350, line 24 muffin cups with liners and set aside.
2. Mix all ingredients on low speed for 2 minutes.
3. Fill cupcake liners with batter. If you're baking them at midnight the night before a party, you'll get a really crappy picture like this.
4. Bake 20-25 minutes and allow to cool completely before frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting
8 oz. soft cream cheese
1/4 cup soft butter
1 tsp. vanilla
4 cups powdered sugar
1. Beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla until well blended.
2. Beat in powdered sugar gradually until creamy. Add a splash of milk if your frosting resembles play-doh. I also dropped some red food color in for pink frosting.
The cupcakes turn out light as air, a pretty shade of pink, and so delicious with pieces of fresh strawberry! Just perfect for Spring. Are you able to resist a cupcake?